When it comes to business transactions and ownership transitions, our clients understand the stakes are too high to go it alone. That’s why from the smallest of transactions to the largest, the businesses we represent turn to us for the direction and advice that can help ensure they make the right decisions today for a good outcome tomorrow.
Over the last 25 years, we’ve engineered transactions that range from asset acquisitions and sales to stock transactions, mergers, spin-offs, and a stock tender offer.
Our approach is simple. We listen and learn, and we’ll take the time to understand your business so we can anticipate potential conflicts and problems while helping you formulate an effective approach to the transaction.
We know many small-business owners like to negotiate their own deals. Others want to rely on someone to engineer the deal for them and manage negotiations to a favorable outcome. We’ll provide the level of support you want, affordably.
During the negotiation process, we’ll work with you toward achieving your overall objectives. We’ve negotiated enough deals to know what can go wrong down the road and how to eliminate deadlocks and develop terms that avoid future disputes while minimizing tax liability.
Our full suite of business transactional and transition services includes:
• Business transactions
– Family ownership transition planning
– Restrictive covenant agreements
– Executive and owner compensation
– Non-competition agreements
– Shareholder agreements
– Buy-sell agreements
– Voting agreements
– Financing a business
– Trademarks and copyrights
– Trade secrets
– Confidentiality agreements
– Relationships with employees and employment agreements
– Intellectual property
– Strategic alliances
– Conversions and consolidations
– Mergers and acquisitions
– Real estate
– Commercial leases
– Corporate governance and maintenance
– Drafting, review and advising on contracts of all kinds
• Business terminations
– Stock redemptions
– Corporate liquidations
– Stock sales
– Asset sales
– Preparing the business for sale
– Appropriate tax considerations
– Estate planning considerations
– Ownership transition planning